Whales, seals, fish, and man: proceedings of the by A. Schytte Blix, L. Walløe, Ø. Ulltang
By A. Schytte Blix, L. Walløe, Ø. Ulltang
This quantity outlines the main findings from the Norwegian learn programme on whales and seals in Norwegian waters. a variety of subject matters are lined, together with physiological points, social association, inhabitants dynamics, inventory evaluation and administration. The e-book may be of serious price to scientists and executives, in addition to to individuals of most of the people attracted to environmental concerns.
Read or Download Whales, seals, fish, and man: proceedings of the International Symposium on the Biology of Marine Mammals in the North East Atlantic, Tromsø, Norway, 29 November-1 December 1994 PDF
Similar mammals books
Crimson Panda: Biology and Conservation of the 1st Panda offers a broad-based assessment of the biology of the crimson panda, Ailurus fulgens. A carnivore that feeds virtually totally on vegetable fabric and is coloured chestnut purple, chocolate brown and cream instead of the predicted black and white. This e-book gathers all of the details that's on hand at the crimson panda either from the sphere and captivity in addition to from cultural points, and makes an attempt to reply to that the majority primary of questions, "What is a pink panda?
Zoos, aquaria, and natural world parks are very important facilities of animal conservation and administration. for almost fifteen years, those associations have depended on Wild Mammals in Captivity because the crucial reference for his or her paintings. Now the booklet reemerges in a totally up-to-date moment variation. Wild Mammals in Captivity provides the most up-tp-date pondering and perform within the care and administration of untamed mammals in zoos and different associations.
The vintage literature on predation dealt nearly completely with solitary predators and their prey. Going again to Lotka-Volterra and optimum foraging idea, the speculation approximately predation, together with predator-prey inhabitants dynamics, used to be built for solitary species. quite a few effects of sociality for predators were thought of only in the near past.
This quantity presents a transparent and special roadmap of ways to layout and execute a gene treatment scan on the way to receive constant effects. Chapters during this e-book disseminate bits of unknown details which are vital to contemplate throughout the process experimentation and may solution questions equivalent to: What supply motor vehicle do you utilize?
- Micro-Tomographic Atlas of the Mouse Skeleton
- The chicken whisperer's guide to keeping chickens : everything you need to know-- and didn't know you needed to know about backyard and urban chickens
- The Bonobos: Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation
- Dolphins Porpoises And Whales: 2002-2010 Action Plan For The Conservation Of Cetaceans
Additional resources for Whales, seals, fish, and man: proceedings of the International Symposium on the Biology of Marine Mammals in the North East Atlantic, Tromsø, Norway, 29 November-1 December 1994
The structure of these measurement errors is summarized as follows [3,4] (where typos occur in the formula for errors in the angles): Let A be the measured angle, and a the true angle between the sighting line and the track line, and let R and r be the measured and true radial distance from the observer to the whale, respectively. 01) TMZ 1 and A = s i g n ( a ) ( 1 . 98. The hazard probability (eq. (7)) in Ref.  was estimated on occurrence/exposure data and positional data for initial sightings.
However, recoveries of 1 year or even older seals might indicate that they also actively migrate to areas not commonly thought to be part of their normal distributional range, and that they might stay in these areas for a while. 6000 80oo 4500 , 3000 . , . , t . 00oo .. ' . ,,), . . z 4500 ' 700o 6000 . 80oo 70oo o 6000 6000 5000 lrJ ~ 6000 .... i 4 500 'l 3000 ...... I 1 500 5000 00oo 1 500 3000 4 5oo 6000 Fig. 3. Recapture sites of harp seals tagged as pups in the West Ice area in 1984 and recaptured outside the tagging area.
12. Oien N. Abundance of the northeastern Atlantic stock of minke whales based on shipboard surveys conducted in July 1989. Rep Int Whal Commn 1991;41:499-511. 13. Schweder T. Transformations of point processes: applications to animal sighting and catch problems, with special emphasis on whales. Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA, 1974 (unpublished). V. S. Blix, L. WallCeand D. Ulltang,editors 27 Point clustering of minke whales in the northeastern Atlantic G r o H a g e n 1 and T o r e S c h w e d e r 2 1Norwegian Computing Center, Blindern, Oslo, Norway; and 2University of Oslo, Blindern, Oslo, Norway A b s t r a c t .