The Launch Pad: Inside Y Combinator, Silicon Valley's Most by Randall Stross
By Randall Stross
A behind-the-scenes examine how tomorrow's most well-liked startups are being primed for greatness
Investment company Y Combinator is the main sought-after domestic for startups in Silicon Valley. two times a 12 months, it cash dozens of just-founded startups and gives 3 months of steerage from Paul Graham, YC's impresario, and his companions. Receiving a proposal from YC creates the possibility of a lifetime.
Acclaimed journalist Randall Stross used to be granted exceptional entry to Y Combinator, allowing a distinct inside of travel of the realm of software program startups. Over the process a summer time, we watch as a gaggle of founders scramble to make anything humans want.
This is the definitive tale of a seismic shift within the enterprise global, within which coding ability trumps event, undergraduates expectantly tackle Goliaths, and traders fall in love.
Read or Download The Launch Pad: Inside Y Combinator, Silicon Valley's Most Exclusive School for Startups PDF
Similar technology books
Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor structure and instruments: The advisor for program builders offers builders a complete advent and in-depth examine the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor structure and the corresponding parallel facts constitution instruments and algorithms utilized in a number of the technical computing purposes for which it's appropriate.
Review: the posh electrical automobile marketplace can be small, yet it’s profitable adequate to get one other jolt – this time from a mysterious startup that claims it desires to re-imagine how humans have interaction with their vehicles. The startup’s identify is Faraday destiny, and it's been attempting to find a spot to construct what it says can be a $1 billion production plant for a brand new line of vehicles.
- Muscle Foods: Meat Poultry and Seafood Technology
- Dose Control at Nuclear Power Plants
- Surface modification technologies V
- The Universal Access Handbook (Human Factors and Ergonomics)
- Chips 2020, Volume 2: New Vistas in Nanoelectronics (The Frontiers Collection)
Extra resources for The Launch Pad: Inside Y Combinator, Silicon Valley's Most Exclusive School for Startups
It is far easier to introduce a "new" methodology than, say, a programming language, which necessitates appropriate compilers. More recently, a wide range of automated support tools have been introduced to improve software quality and productivity and to reduce maintenance costs. The acronym CASE (computer aided software engineering) is generally used to cover the automated support for the commonly used techniques that form the basis of most IS methodologies. The support involves a graphics capability throughout the SDLC, but the key characteristic of a CASE product is the construction of a design database (also described as a repository or encyclopaedia) to hold system meta-data.
3. Fast results of an evolutionary project. From Gilb in Finzi (1988) (Ed), Principles of Software Engineering Management, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co. Inc. introduction of an EIS and the provision of relevant usable information to executives is a process, its success is dependent on very human factors - namely executive support and the calibre of the implementer. Conclusion The real barrier to the use of EIS by senior executives is not techno phobia; it is the false belief that computing power can replace the intelligence of managers.
1988). Managing with Infonnation Technology 44 The Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency (CCTA) took over responsibility for further design and development of the method, which is constantly being improved in the light of user experiences. SSAOM is now a registered trademark and external consultants may obtain CCTA accreditation in order to run approved courses on this non-proprietary method. SSAOM has been used on a number of large projects involving many analysts and programmers, particularly in the area of government data processing.