The Engineering Language: A Consolidation of the Words and by Ronald Hanifan
By Ronald Hanifan
In contrast to different engineering dictionaries that have a tendency to concentration basically on slender and arcane technical phrases, this dictionary explains the most important, usual phrases present in engineering records and drawings, and explains them in simple, unambiguous English. It additionally explains how a few phrases tackle varied meanings in several engineering contexts - very important whilst engaged on collaborative tasks throughout assorted engineering disciplines. This paintings is predicated on a dictionary that used to be constructed for engineers and technicians at Lockheed Martin. each one definition is written in transparent, daily English to prevent complicated jargon and 'techno-speak' difficulties.
Read or Download The Engineering Language: A Consolidation of the Words and Their Definitions PDF
Best technology books
Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor structure and instruments: The consultant for software builders presents builders a finished advent and in-depth examine the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor structure and the corresponding parallel information constitution instruments and algorithms utilized in many of the technical computing functions for which it really is compatible.
Evaluate: the posh electrical vehicle industry might be small, yet it’s profitable adequate to get one other jolt – this time from a mysterious startup that says it desires to re-imagine how humans have interaction with their automobiles. The startup’s identify is Faraday destiny, and it's been looking for a spot to construct what it says could be a $1 billion production plant for a brand new line of vehicles.
- Big Brother: The Orwellian Nightmare Come True
- Videoconferencing Technology in K-12 Instruction: Best Practices and Trends
- Grundzüge der Quantentheorie: Mit exemplarischen Anwendungen
- Pneumatic Conveying (Materials handling & packaging series)
- Technology Developments: the Role of Mechanism and Machine Science and IFToMM
Additional resources for The Engineering Language: A Consolidation of the Words and Their Definitions
AVAILABILITY (INHERENT) The percentage of time the system is operating when considering only operational time and unscheduled (corrective) maintenance time. AVAILABILITY MODEL A model (or models) that predicts the expected ratio of system up-time to the total operating time. AVAILABILITY (OPERATIONAL) A measure of the degree to which an item is either operating or is capable of operating at any random point in time when used in a typical maintenance and supply environment. AVALANCHE PHOTODIODE (APD) A photodetector used in high-speed (broad bandwidth) lightwave systems.
4) That branch of science and technology concerned with methods and techniques relating to data processing largely performed by automatic means. AUTOMATIC GAIN CONTROL A process or means by which gain is automatically adjusted in a specified manner as a function of input level or another specified parameter. AUTOMATIC TEST EQUIPMENT (ATE) (1) Test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment that performs a program to test functional or static parameters, to evaluate the degree of performance degradation, or to perform fault isolation of unit malfunctions.
APERTURE, EFFECTIVE Equivalent to the diameter of the largest bundle of rays that can be imaged by the optical system. APERTURE, FREE See Aperture, clear. APERTURE, OBJECTIVE See Aperture, clear. APPLICATION CERTIFICATION A formal statement by a mutually approved and authorized agency that an application has successfully undergone some conformance test procedures. APPLICATION IDENTIFIER (AI) The field of two or more characters at the beginning of an Element String that uniquely defines its format and meaning.