Professional iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# by Wallace B. McClure, Rory Blyth, Craig Dunn, Chris Hardy,
By Wallace B. McClure, Rory Blyth, Craig Dunn, Chris Hardy, Martin Bowling
What .NET C# builders have to input the recent box of iPhone apps
iPhone purposes supply a scorching chance for builders. till the open resource MonoTouch undertaking, this box was once restricted to these conversant in Apple’s programming languages. Now .NET and C# builders can sign up for the celebration. specialist iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# is the 1st booklet to hide MonoTouch, getting ready builders to use this profitable opportunity.
This ebook is for .NET builders which are attracted to developing local iPhone functions written in .NET/C#. those builders are looking to use their latest wisdom. whereas .NET builders are regularly drawn to studying, in addition they realize that studying Objective-C and the specifics of the iPhone will be overwhelming. these builders attracted to MonoTouch will realize that the price of MonoTouch is definitely made up by way of the power to quick objective the iPhone utilizing a language that they're already popular with.
This e-book is designed for .NET builders that are looking to aim the iPhone. it truly is designed that can assist you wake up to hurry with the iPhone, to not fairly educate you concerning the .NET Framework or C# language, which we imagine you already know.
This booklet is designed with introductory fabric in Chapters 1 via four. you'll want to learn Chapters 1 via four sequentially. those chapters introduce the MonoTouch product, the fundamentals of constructing with MonoTouch and MonoDevelop, and eventually, the fundamentals of providing info to a consumer with reveal and information controls and the way to increase a consumer interface for the iPhone. when you are ok with those techniques, you could regularly flow from one bankruptcy to a different and never unavoidably need to learn the chapters sequentially.
- Chapter 1 "Introduction to iPhone improvement with MonoTouch for C# builders" This bankruptcy appears to be like at how the most important section of builders can goal the phone with the top mindshare, and that the cellphone is becoming quicker in marketshare than the other device.
- Chapter 2 "Introduction to MonoTouch" promises an organization starting place in MonoTouch, MonoDevelop, Interface Builder, debugging, and deploying.
- Chapter three "Planning Your App's UI: Exploring the monitor Controls" teaches you approximately growing your application's UI and particularly how the UI at the iPhone can fluctuate from UIs that you simply may need created sooner than. you furthermore mght discover the enter & worth gadgets from the Interface Builder gadgets Library.
- Chapter 4 "Data Controls" exhibits the Interface Builder gadgets Library Cocoa contact sessions for Controllers, information perspectives, and home windows, perspectives, & Bars.
- Chapter five "Working with facts at the iPhone" appears to be like on the SQLite database engine in addition to suggestions to shop facts off the machine on a significant server via cleaning soap and leisure (using XML and JSON) with no tying up the person interface.
- Chapter 6 "Displaying information utilizing Tables" appears to be like at showing info in a desk, utilizing tables for navigation, benefiting from UITableView's integrated enhancing gains, and including a seek bar to a table.
- Chapter 7 "Mapping" covers CoreLocation and MapKit, utilizing position prone, and including maps and geocoding for your application.
- Chapter eight "Application Settings" makes a speciality of software settings, and appears at points of settings on your MonoTouch app: the Info.plist and your settings package. It covers what settings you'll want to set on your Info.plist and why, after which seems to be at what code it takes to learn and use the settings that you just retailer within the settings package. And it additionally takes you thru the development of the settings that you simply may need in a social media-type software. dealing with every one step, you are going to study the Root.plist contained in the estate record Editor and spot the settings conversation that might consequence from it.
- Chapter nine "Programming with machine undefined" covers accelerometer machine orientation, and proximity detection help, networking, and constructing with battery lifestyles in mind.
- Chapter 10 "Programming with Multimedia" discussing integrating pictures and the picture picker, gazing and recording movies, taking part in and recording audio, and utilizing animation
- Chapter eleven "Talking to different functions" discusses the methods you should use MonoTouch to speak to different purposes at the iPhone, either Apple-built purposes and people downloaded from the App shop. It additionally offers valuable methods of having access to the iPhone's handle ebook and the iPod tune library.
- Chapter 12 "Localizing for a world viewers" first defines internationalization and localization, then indicates exhibiting translated textual content and photographs, formatting dates, instances, and numbers, then extracting textual content for translation.
- Chapter thirteen "Programming the iPad " the functions of the iPad are, what new APIs and controls were brought so that you can use in iPad-specific functions, and the way to construct purposes that may paintings on either iPad and iPhone devices.
- Chapter 14 "Just sufficient Objective-C" offers you a reference and creation to Objective-C that can assist you collect a capability to realize Objective-C that's anything that may are available very handy.
- Chapter 15 "The App shop: filing and advertising Your App" discusses all issues App shop. First, it talks concerning the method it's essential wade through earlier than you're ready to put up - this contains ultimate checking out with Ad-Hoc builds and a presubmission list. subsequent it addresses really filing to the App shop, after which eventually what to do along with your app after it is within the App shop. This bankruptcy additionally touches on replacement monetization options reminiscent of advertisements or in app purchases.
Read or Download Professional iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# (Wrox Programmer to Programmer) PDF
Best programming: programming languages books
My fourth e-book. It explains a few issues truly and selections up on information in equipment and nomenclature which have been disregarded of the others, making them complicated. The textual content, itself, is comparatively transparent, and there are reliable indexes and lists.
Still, the writer makes assumptions of the reader's familiarity with coding, leaves the occasional logical stretch to be discovered. The examples should not super consumer pleasant. it's thorough, might be an excessive amount of for a primary examine Hypertext Preprocessor.
Sams train your self home windows cell 7 video game Programming in 24 Hours (11) via Harbour, Jonathan [Paperback (2011)]
- Visual C sharp 2008 in 21 Tagen
- Datenbank-Anwendungen mit PostgreSQL . Einführung in die Programmierung mit SQL, Java, C/C++, Perl, PHP u.a.
- Programming and Deploying Java(TM) Mobile Agents with Aglets(TM)
- AW Implementing SOA Using Java EE (December
- Das Excel-VBA Premium Codebook
- DZone Refcardz jQuery Selectors
Additional resources for Professional iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
The iPad is a tablet device, and it has a larger screen than the iPhone. Also significant is that it shipped with the iPhone operating system that is fundamentally different than the iPhone. Along with the release of each new iPhone, Apple has introduced a new iPod touch. The iPod touch can be thought of as an iPhone without the phone, camera, and support for the 3G data services; however, the iPod touch does have support for wireless networking using WiFi. Since its availability three years ago, Apple has shipped more than 60 million units of the iPhone.
Table View Cell (UITableViewCell): The Table View Cell allows for custom look and feel, attributes, and behaviors of cells to be defined and applied within a Table View. ➤➤ Image View (UIImageView): The Image View displays an image or animation to a user. In the case of an animation, this is defined as an array of UIImages. ➤➤ Web View (UIWebView): The Web View displays web content to a user within an application. ➤➤ Map View (MKMapView): The Map View displays map content to a user within an application.
See the next section on how you can work with this. Hello World with Interface Builder Now that you have a good understanding of what outlets and actions are all about, this section shows how you can now use these outlets and actions in MonoTouch to do something simple, such as changing the button text when someone clicks the button. If you haven’t followed through the outlets and actions sections, I suggest you do so because this section explains how to use them in MonoTouch. cs file and see what is automatically created.