Praying the Proverbs (Praying the Scriptures (Destiny by Elmer L. Towns
By Elmer L. Towns
Praying the Proverbs takes writings of knowledge literature from the Bible, and turns them into own prayers that edify believers with its clever sayings on personality, integrity and love.
Read or Download Praying the Proverbs (Praying the Scriptures (Destiny Images)) PDF
Similar sacred writings books
The recognition of Kabbalah, a Jewish mystical flow no less than 900 years previous, has grown astonishingly in the context of the massive and ever-expanding social flow normally often called the hot Age. This booklet is the 1st to supply a wide evaluation of the key developments in modern Kabbalah including in-depth discussions of significant figures and colleges.
There are titles during this quantity. The Sutra of Queen Srīmālā is a crucial early Mahayana textual content. it's a particular improvement in the Buddhist culture due to its egalitarian and beneficiant view referring to ladies, portraying, at the one hand, the consideration and knowledge of a laywoman and her situation for all beings, and, at the different, the position of lady as thinker and instructor.
A compilation of 2 texts at the nice Perfection
An interlinear variation of the religious vintage that gives devanagari, transliterated Sanskrit, and English models of the Gita.
- The Wars of The Lord: Volume Three
- People of the Book: Canon, Meaning, and Authority
- The Bhagavad-Gita, with the Commentary of Sri Sankaracharya
- A Guide to the Hidden Wisdom of Kabbalah
- Studies in the Targum to the Twelve Prophets: From Nahum to Malachi
- The Blackwell Companion to the Hebrew Bible (Blackwell Companions to Religion)
Extra info for Praying the Proverbs (Praying the Scriptures (Destiny Images))
Physical destruction (Prov. 7:22). Spiritual destruction (Prov. 7:27). , the balance of power between the sexes. It’s the woman who knows a man, knows what he wants, and knows how to use her body for sexual favors. It’s the woman who gets what she wants from a man. While it appears that the woman is the one being deceived, in a bottom-line analysis; the woman is more in control of the situation than the man. And what about the male? He is so driven by his sexual appetite that he is blind to what a woman is capable of.
2:18,19; 6:26; 7:22,23; 9:18). A trollop dresses seductively (Prov. 7:10) and entices men with her outward beauty (Prov. 2:16,17). Proverbs warn, “Do not lust after her beauty in your heart” (Prov. 6:25) for it is only adorned with outward makeup, suggestive clothing, and perfume. 43 Praying_Proverbs_021205 3/3/06 10:20 AM PRAYING Page 44 THE PROVERBS The New Testament suggests there are three things that tempt a man to sin, “For all that [is] in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world” (1 John 2:16).
2. Sweet talk (Prov. 5:3). 44 Praying_Proverbs_021205 3/3/06 10:20 AM Page 45 The Trollop 3. Outward beauty (Prov. 6:25). 4. Flirts with the eyes (Prov. 6:25). 5. On the prowl, looking for the naïve man (Prov. 6:26; 7:13). 6. Sexually revealing dress (Prov. 7:10). 7. Restless with her life (Prov. 7:11,12). 8. Offers a place for sex (Prov. 7:12,13). 9. Sex is spoken of openly, yet discreetly (Prov. 7:16-18). 10. Her object is sex (Prov. 6:32). The Book of Proverbs tells a young man that a trollop is the wrong type of companionship.