Logic-Based Knowledge Representation by Baader F
By Baader F
A bankruptcy from
M.J. Wooldridge and M. Veloso (Eds.) - synthetic Intelligence this day, Springer-Verlag, 1999 (LNAI 1600) (pp. 13-41)
Read or Download Logic-Based Knowledge Representation PDF
Similar intelligence & semantics books
The character of know-how has replaced seeing that man made Intelligence in schooling (AIED) used to be conceptualised as a examine neighborhood and Interactive studying Environments have been at first built. expertise is smaller, extra cellular, networked, pervasive and infrequently ubiquitous in addition to being supplied by way of the normal machine notebook.
By means of ‘model’ we suggest a mathematical description of a global element. With the proliferation of pcs a number of modeling paradigms emerged less than computational intelligence and tender computing. An advancing expertise is presently fragmented due, besides, to the necessity to deal with varieties of info in several program domain names.
This is often the 3rd quantity in a casual sequence of books approximately parallel processing for man made intelligence. it truly is in line with the idea that the computational calls for of many AI initiatives will be greater served through parallel architectures than by means of the presently well known workstations. notwithstanding, no assumption is made concerning the type of parallelism for use.
A presentation of the relevant and uncomplicated suggestions, thoughts, and instruments of desktop technology, with the emphasis on offering a problem-solving procedure and on supplying a survey of the entire most vital themes lined in measure programmes. Scheme is used all through because the programming language and the writer stresses a useful programming method of create easy features so that it will receive the specified programming objective.
- Equilibrium Capillary Surfaces
- Cognitive Science (Handbook of Perception and Cognition, Second Edition)
- Non-Monotonic Reasoning: Formalization of Commonsense Reasoning
- Learning Kernel Classifiers: Theory and Algorithms
- New Trends in Software Methodologies, Tools and Techniques: Proceedings of the fifth SoMeT 06
- Adaptive Parsing: Self-Extending Natural Language Interfaces
Extra resources for Logic-Based Knowledge Representation
23) 0 λ (t) ⊥ w(t) = −x2 (t) 0 . 15), it is not possible to calculate λ (t) directly from this set of relations. At first sight there is no LCP that can be constructed (indeed now we have a zero matrix M). Let us, however, imagine that there is a time interval [τ , τ + ε ), ε > 0, on which the solution x2 (t) = 0 for all t ∈ [τ , τ + ε ). Then on [τ , τ + ε ) one has necessarily −x˙2 (t) 0, otherwise the unilateral constraint −x2 (t) 0 would be violated. Actually all the derivatives of x2 (·) are identically 0 on [τ , τ + ε ).
1 Explicit Time-Stepping Schemes Based on ODE with Discontinuities Formulations A forward Euler scheme may be applied on an ODE with discontinuities of the form, x˙ = f (x,t), where the right-hand side may possess discontinuities (see Sect. 8). 76c) for −x2 > 0. ⎪ ⎩ − x2 − 1 x1 − Vz L LC The simulation for this choice of the right-hand side is illustrated in Fig. 12. 76b) cannot be reached due to the numerical approximation on x2 . This artifact results in spurious oscillations of the diode voltage v(t) = λ (t) and the diode current x2 (t) = ω (t) as we can observe on the zoom in Fig.
24) which is an LCP to be solved only when x2 (t) = 0. The fact that this LCP possesses a solution λ (t) − x˙2(t) > 0 is a sufficient condition for the system to change its mode of evolution. 15). 1 Electrical Circuits with Ideal Diodes 13 LCPs with a unique solution. 24). 7). We obtain that λ (t) ∈ −∂ ψIR+ (−x2 (t)). 25) where it is implicitly assumed that x2 (0) 0 so that the inequality constraint x2 (t) 0 will be satisfied for all t 0. 25) can be viewed similarly as the index-reduction operation in a Differential Algebraic Equation (DAE).