Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer by Kon-Well Wang, Jiong Tang
By Kon-Well Wang, Jiong Tang
Adaptive Structural structures with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry presents a entire dialogue at the integration of piezoelectric transducers with electric circuitry for the improvement and enhancement of adaptive structural structures. protecting quite a lot of interdisciplinary examine, this monograph provides a paradigm of taking complete benefit of the two-way electro-mechanical coupling features of piezoelectric transducers for structural keep an eye on and id in adaptive structural platforms. offering descriptions of set of rules improvement, theoretical research and experimental research, engineers and researchers alike will locate this a worthy reference.
Read or Download Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry PDF
Best structural books
Basics of Earthquake Engineering combines elements of engineering seismology, structural and geotechnical earthquake engineering to collect the important parts required for a deep figuring out of reaction of constructions to earthquake flooring movement, from the seismic resource to the assessment of activities and deformation required for layout.
Largely publicised failures function a reminder to the maritime occupation of the eminent desire for reinforcing security cost-effectively and as a powerful indicator of the present gaps within the balance defense of ships and ocean autos. the matter of send balance is so complicated that essentially significant options are possible purely via shut overseas collaboration and concerted efforts via the maritime group, deriving from sound clinical techniques.
Structural dynamics is a various subject overlaying a number of issues, a few of that have direct purposes in structural layout. one of the latter a transparent contrast might be made among these beneficial for the engineer within the day-by-day perform of structural layout and people on the topic of educational actions, examine, and the improvement of business items.
Friction Stir Casting amendment for more desirable Structural potency: A quantity within the Friction Stir Welding and Processing e-book sequence summarizes present learn and purposes of friction stir processing suggestions for casting amendment. examine during this quarter has proven major profit when it comes to fatigue functionality due to friction stir processing.
- Plasticity of Cold Worked Metals: A Deductive Approach
- STRESS: A Problem-Oriented Computer Language for Structural Engineering
- Continental-crust structures on the continental margin of western North America
- Structural Proteomics: High-Throughput Methods
Extra resources for Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry
The primary limitation on the negative capacitance in the experiment is the current that the op-amp can sustain, which, for this specific operational amplifier, should be kept below 5mA. One may achieve larger negative capacitance by using higher current opamps. The short circuit frequency response with the negative capacitance is also shown in Fig. 3207 . It should be noted that the short circuit status with negative capacitance refers to the situation that the positive electrode of the piezoelectric transducer is grounded.
21) as shown in Fig. 5b. Therefore, the introduction of the negative capacitance does not change the voltage driving response amplification at the resonant frequency. Its effect on active authority is to increase the bandwidth of the voltage driving response. 2 Experimental Verification Experimental investigations are performed on a cantilevered beam to demonstrate the performance enhancement. ) attached close to the root. The top piezoelectric transducer is used as the transducer in the serial piezoelectric circuitry configuration (configuration (a)) for active-passive control, and the bottom one is used to provide disturbance excitation.
16). This configuration obviously has the same passive damping ability as configuration (a), as both of them degenerate to the serial passive shunt with the absence of active driving source. 8c) Configuration (d): the RL elements and the charge source are all in parallel. 17). This configuration has the same passive damping ability as configuration (b), as 24 Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry both of them degenerate to the parallel passive shunt (Wu, 1996) with the absence of active driving source.